Board member, C-Suite and trusted advisor to executive teams
Patrick is known among top corporations – from private equity to global public companies – as a strategic collaborative executive who identifies and delivers growth and profitability that enhance stakeholder value. Of note:
PRIVATE EQUITY AND FAMILY WEALTH FUND ADVISOR
Patrick has guided four private equity-backed companies through growth, fundraises and/or exits:
- ROADSAFE TRAFFIC SYSTEMS, a $240M revenue construction service business backed by ORIX CAPITAL and APERION MANAGEMENT, LLC; Opened new $30M line of credit with FNB for product line expansion in steel barrier wall; Expanded $100M ABL with PNC for step out acquisition utilizing 100% debt financing; Spearheaded 450 vehicle fleet replacement program
- BRIDGER, LLC, a $5B revenue integrated crude oil midstream logistics operator backed by RIVERSTONE cited by INC Magazine as a top 500 high growth company; Doubled enterprise value and implemented path to liquidity event via auction sale to FERRELLGAS LLC (NYSE: FGP) for $838M generating a better than 3x return to owners
- GAVILON ENERGY, LLC, a $12B revenue energy distribution, merchandising, trading and risk management company backed by SOROS FUNDS, GENERAL ATLANTIC and OSPRAIE CAPITAL; Led successful spin-off, recapitalization and sale of the company through a $650M asset-backed loan facility followed by an auction sale to NGL ENERGY PARTNERS (NYSE: NGL) for $890M generating a 5x return to owners
- ELEVANCE RENEWABLE SCIENCES, a $25M revenue renewable chemical company backed by TPG, NAXOS CAPITAL and TOTAL ENERGY VENTURES; Led $110M fundraising effort at height of the 2008-2010 financial crisis to support start-up technology
Patrick previously advised the board at CHINA AMERICAN PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY (CAPCO), a Taiwanese specialty chemical manufacturer owned by BP and CPC, during a period of significant expansion leading deployment of $500M in greenfield capital. Patrick also served on the board of the 7 company European ETHYLENE PIPELINE COMPANY (ARG) and at the EUROPEAN PIPELINE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, a 15 company consortium building pipelines across Europe.
CORPORATE FINANCIAL AND STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP
Patrick is Founder of Foundry Mountain Infrastructure Partners, an investment firm with a risk-managed, long duration approach to infrastructure investing in energy, infrastructure, construction services and transportation/logistics including opportunity identification and advisory services. Clients include private equity funds, insurance and pension funds, family wealth funds, boards and management using an investigative approach identifying unique opportunities.
His expertise was honed in CEO, CFO, and COO roles with companies such as:
- NOLA Oil Terminal as CEO, leading the management team through commercial negotiations and contracting, permitting and construction, along with parallel fundraising to build a $850M crude oil and refined product terminal and related pipelines in Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana
- RoadSafe Traffic Systems as CFO, designed and implemented first of its kind operating performance metrics while expanding credit availability and diligence that enabled the leveraged acquisition of Optim Earth, a step out acquisition, and a trucking fleet replacement program
- Bridger, LLC as EVP and CFO, re-engineered its Finance, Credit, and IT departments to encompass best in class GAAP accounting; outsourced HR operations improving employee services while lowering costs; shortened the close process from 90 to 3 days, and led the preparation of stand-alone 8K, 10Q, 3-05 and S-3 financial filings as part of his leadership in the Ferrellgas sale process
- Gavilon Energy, LLC as CFO, automated and streamlined financial reporting processes; led corporate business development efforts deploying over $300M in capital projects and M&A; led banking relationships in 13 member $650M asset-backed loan syndication as part of his leadership role in the NGLEP sale process
- Elevance Renewable Sciences, LLC as CFO, built treasury, fundraising, reporting, accounting, IT, tax, risk, credit, corporate M&A, audit, insurance, investor and banking relationships and capabilities while leading $110M in fundraising
- BP Corporation as Director Group Wide Financial Process Optimization, identified and implemented financial process standardization while strengthening SOX compliance and controls; Generated over $100M in cost savings while improving balance sheet integrity and the close process
- BP Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) as Commercial Vice President and CFO accountable for strategy and performance management across a $6B revenue, $300M net income business unit. Oversaw both the commercial and financial functions within the business unit. Deputy CEO and Member of the Business Unit’s Senior Leadership Team, leading 100 professionals
- BP Commodity Chemicals Manufacturing, Europe as COO for a $5B revenue chemical company, held profit & loss responsibility and led commercial, operating, capital and sales decisions across three facilities in Europe
- Amoco Chemicals, Asia leading business development and was single point accountable for two greenfield investments totaling $1B in China and Taiwan, utilizing Italian engineering firm Technip and local construction teams
Since 2008, Patrick has been a Mentor within the Menttium Corporation working with and coaching professionals as they navigate their careers. Since 2015, Patrick has been a member of the St. Isaac Jogues Parish Council, and joined the Board of Advisors at Catholic Charities of Chicago in 2016. Since 2017, Patrick has been a member of the Advisory Board at Current Capital Partners. In early 2020, Patrick became an Operating Partner at Cleaves Securities AS.
Patrick holds an MBA with majors in finance and strategy from the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University, a Master of Science degree in geology and geophysics from Wright State University and a Bachelor of Science degree with honors in geology from Saint Lawrence University.